Why Northeast | The Vision | The Campaign | News | Support | Contact
The Vision for Northeast
At the new Northeast Regional Library, you might see a bestselling author one night and take the kids to see an artist-in-residence or film screening the next day. This is a place where everyone, from preschool to retirement, can experience the latest in technology, where high school students can capitalize on everything from test prep to computer coding, or where an individual can grab a good book and a quiet reading spot for a few hours. The Louisville Free Public Library continues to innovate and set new standards.
Features of the Northeast Regional Library will include:
- Approximately 40,000 square feet of dynamic, inspirational space
- Sustainable, eco-friendly, cost-efficient design
- 130,000 books and other materials
- Public meeting rooms
- Maker’s Pavilion — LFPL’s first-of-its-kind hands-on learning center
- Public meeting rooms including a demonstration kitchen
- Dedicated, engaging spaces for children and teens
- Public computers with wireless access
- Services for senior citizens
- Planned cafe area
Proposed Design Renderings
Renderings subject to change.