Corporate and Foundation Giving and Sponsorship
The Library Foundation offers a number of sponsorship opportunities for LFPL programs, including those for both children and adults.
The Children’s Literacy Fund is a Library Foundation initiative to support key programs offered by LFPL in need of financial support. Programs made possible by the Children’s Literacy Fund served nearly 75,000 children last year.
- Summer Reading Program — available to children ages birth to 12th grade, serving more than 55,000 children in 2016. Special events and incentives during this 10-week program combat the “summer slide” and encourage parental engagement.
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Challenge — ensuring children are ready for their first day of school not just in reading, but by providing opportunities for socio-emotional development.
- Read 20 to Your Bunny — working with parents of newborns to teach the importance of reading to their children from birth.
- Author events — hosting high-profile children’s and teen authors at the library.
- Pop-up storytimes — opportunities to promote LFPL and its talented staff storytellers at farmer’s markets, local festivals, neighborhood parties and other events.
Sponsors of the Children’s Literacy Fund make these programs possible and directly impact children in our community by providing opportunities for success.
Additionally, sponsorships for adult programs are available, including the How-To Festival, Craig Buthod Author Series, and more.