WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
The Foundation collects personal information from donors, including the dollar amounts of charitable gifts, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and relevant donor comments. By law, the Foundation is required to retain contact information and donor contribution amounts on file.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
The Foundation will never sell, trade, rent, or share donors’ names (unless released for Foundation publications), addresses, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses unless
- The donor has given consent to share that information;
- The information is necessary to provide a product or service the donor has requested, either from the Foundation or from agencies working on behalf of the Foundation; or
- The Foundation is compelled to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes.
The Foundation will use donors’ contact information only for the following purposes:
- To distribute receipts for donations;
- To thank donors for their donations;
- To inform donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities of the Foundation and/or the Louisville Free Public Library;
- For internal analysis and record keeping; and/or
- For reporting to relevant Federal and State agencies.
Aggregate donor information is used for promotion and fundraising activities. A donor has the option to have his or her name publicly associated with his or her donation unless that donor explicitly requests otherwise or chooses the “anonymous” field when making an online gift or when completing a gift form.
The Library Foundation encourages donors and other interested parties to contact the Foundation offices with any questions about this policy or if you would like to review your personal information collected by the Foundation or to request corrections.