The Director of Development works in partnership with the Executive Director to prepare, plan, and implement a comprehensive resource development strategy and operating plan to retain and significantly expand philanthropic support for the Louisville Free Public Library (LFPL) through relationships with a broad range of individuals, corporations, foundations, and other funders.
- Create and implement comprehensive fundraising plans that maximize engagement and contributions and minimize costs
- Participate in development of fiscal year budget and goal setting
- Maintain oversight of annual direct mail appeals and donor communication
- Cultivate, maintain, and steward relationships with portfolio of current, potential, and new donors to deepen their relationship with LFPL and the Foundation
- Oversight of grants writing and management working in close collaboration with LFPL staff, and building relationships with private foundation & corporate funders
- Management of volunteer development committee
- Work with Development Associate to maintain and improve donor tracking and reporting system; Bloomerang
- Assist the Executive Director in preparation for board and committee meetings, including reporting of fundraising results
- Other duties as assigned to meet strategic funding goals
- Bachelors Degree required
- Experience in donor databases preferred
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- 3+ years of non-profit development and fundraising experience required
- Demonstrate a proven track record of securing gifts and sponsorship commitments
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate new relationships with funders; experience building a development department preferred
- The ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people within the organization and the community
- The ideal candidate will be professional, entrepreneurial, decisive, and will demonstrate a sense of optimism, creativity, ownership, and commitment
Note: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Interested parties are asked to submit a cover letter and resume by July 6, 2020 to Chandra Gordon, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Louisville Free Public Library Foundation, a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization, was founded for the purpose of benefiting, promoting, supporting, and enhancing the programs and services of the Louisville Free Public Library. The position described above is not a Louisville Metro Government position.